– Come view this in our Hertfordshire showroom, just 20 minutes north of London
– Perfect if you want to try sitting in these chairs around this table yourself – you won’t be disappointed
– You are viewing a gorgeous hand crafted Regency style dining table in straight grain sumptuous walnut
– Table measures 14 feet when extended so can accomdate 12-16 diners easily
– Absolutely stunning English Victorian style dining table in mahogany
– This one’s extra large – 14 foot when extended – seats 10-12 comfortably
– Perfect for upscale dinner parties – or as a board room table
– Viewings possible in our Hertfordshire warehouse – please contact
– The table has four leaves each measuring 18 inches each so endless size combinations
Prior to the Victorian times it was the custom to have several smaller tables in the home. As industrialisation increased both affluence (amongst some) and leisure time, the custom of eating together as a family around a dining table became more popular. This lead to the development of the extending Victorian dining table.
– Come and view this in our Hertfordshire warehouse – 25 mins north of London
– Chairs pictured are not included but are available, let us know if you are looking for a complete dining set..
You are viewing a gorgeous English walnut Georgian pedestal table that measures ten feet when fully extended. I hope the photos do this classic piece of furniture some justice, it’s certainly more impressive in the flesh.
The Regency period in the United Kingdom is the period between 1811 and 1820 when King George III was too ill to rule and thus his son George IV as his proxy and Prince Regent. The term can be expanded to include the years between 1795 an 1837. In terms of furniture design and the arts, the Regency look is characterised by an adherence to classical design values; restraint, clean lines to the design, classical references such as columns, acanthus leaves, drapes, pedestals and fluted grooves.